Dr Glenn Sterling is the founding director of Life Fertility Clinic in Brisbane. He has personally sourced the expert staff necessary to offer the highest quality assisted reproductive technology services along with a donor program. Glenn elected to train in England in IVF under the supervision of Professor Ian Craft of Harley Street, London. His instruction was unique and was underpinned by one important principle: IVF is all about attention to detail.
Professor Craft pioneered needle aspiration of sperm and laser hatching and has achieved many firsts in the world of IVF.
• Britain´s first IVF twins (1982) and triplets (1984)
• Britain’s first GIFT births
• Britain’s first egg donor birth (1987)
• World’s first IVF birth using LHRH analogues (buserelin, goserelin)
• Britain’s first ICSI birth
• World’s first PESA birth
• Britain’s first embryo donor birth, and
• Britain’s first laser assisted hatching birth.
Glenn blended his Australian training (considered to be among the world’s leading IVF nations) with Professor Craft’s tutelage to become a Harley Street IVF doctor and renowned fertility care expert. In the UK and years of international, national and local experience, Glenn has acquired invaluable knowledge in the delivery of fertility treatment.
Dr Sterling’s Memberships, Fellowships and Awards:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), The University of Queensland
- Autosuture Travelling Fellowship to the USA, UK, Italy, Germany and France
- Queensland Cancer Fund Scholarship to World Congress of Gynaecological Oncology
- Royal Brisbane Hospital Certificate of Teaching Excellence.
- Royal Australian College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (RACOG) Gold Medal MRACOG.
- Member, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (London)
- Fellow, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (FRANZCOG)
- Fellow, Medical Society of London (MSL).
Areas of specific interest:
Fertility and assisted reproductive technology. Glenn’s research with Professor Craft was predominantly in male infertility and Glenn was the first to identify an association between oligozoospermia and the necessity for higher doses of FSH in IVF to assist to achieving a successful pregnancy. Advanced laparoscopic surgery (particularly in the treatment of endometriosis).
Glenn is able to provide his highly developed skills as a laparoscopic surgeon to his patients for the treatment of endometriosis and tubal factor infertility. Such surgery underpins the treatment of fertility and ensures optimal outcomes for his patients.
Previous Experience of Dr Sterling:
• Founding Medical Director, IVF Clinic, Wickham Terrace, Brisbane
• Specialist in Fertility, Obstetrics and Gynaecology at a leading Queensland private hospital
• Associate of the Endometriosis Institute of Queensland, collaborating with Oxford University in establishing the genetic basis to endometriosis.
• London Fertility Centre – Research Fellow at the London Fertility Centre, Dr Sterling assisted Professor Ian Craft in clinical and research tasks.
• St Mary’s Hospital, Portsmouth – Senior Registrar and Locum Consultant
• Royal Women’s Hospital – Queensland Gynaecology Oncology Service – Senior Registrar coordinating clinical practice and research under Professor Crandon in the largest gynaecological oncology practice in Australia.
• Flying Obstetric Service, Roma, Queensland, Australia
IVF Brisbane Clinic
St Andrew’s Place Level 1 Suite 298 33 North Street Spring Hill Brisbane, Queensland, QLD 4000
Our North Brisbane Fertility Clinic
North West Private Hospital Everton Park Brisbane Queensland, QLD 4053
Phone: 07 3606 3131
Emergencies and After Hours: 07 3606 3131
Fax: 07 3606 3132